Re: Slurpage

From: Pierce T. Wetter III (pierc..winforces.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 18:58:33 EST

    On Nov 16, 2007, at 8:58 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> Just specify the class name as EOGenericRecord and no class file
    >> will be generated for those entities.
    > Unless you're saying you have existing java files for them, but you
    > just don't want _Files autogenerated? I can't decide if this is
    > common enough to warrant adding an option onto the Advanced Entity
    > screen.

      Yep. That's exactly the problem. For the older java files its even
    worse, I have:

       foo.common
       foo.server
       foo.client

       So even if it did generate, for some of them the abstract class
    would have to go in foo.common even though the model points at
    foo.server.

       I plan to fix it eventually though...

       It's 2-4 features I guess:

          1. A checkbox "Don't Auto-Generate".
          2. Provision in your EOGenerator to skip classes with the
    checkbox set.

        Optional:

          3. A button to "Generate this class".
          4. A command line option to only generate for a single class,
    ignoring the checkbox.

        As for "commonality" it would let people auto-generate on build
    even if they temporarily had some problem with the model (like a
    particular class was a work in progress).

      Pierce