Re: Another velocity EOGen question

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 19:52:40 EST

    >> <$if
    >> javaBeautifiedFetchSpecificationDictionaries
    >> ..ortedNameArray.@count > 0 $> // FetchSpec convenience methods<
    >> $endif$>
    >> <$foreach FetchSpec
    >> javaBeautifiedFetchSpecificationDictionaries..ortedNameArray do$>
    Q was just asking me about this, too ... I'm not sure why this thing
    returns dictionaries in the original and what exactly is in these
    dictionaries. You can just do entity.sortedFetchSpecs in the velocity
    one.

    >> public static NSArray fetch<$FetchSpec.niceName
    >> $>( EOEditingContext ec<$foreach Binding FetchSpec.bindings do2$>, <
    >> $Binding.codeType$><
    Not sure exactly what the semantics of "niceName" are, but there is
    now also a uppercaseUnderscoreName, capitalizedName, and
    initialLowercaseName on fetch spec. For the bindings, does anyone
    know what exactly that returns? Is it an array of attributes
    corresponding to unbound attributes in the qualifier?

    >> <wo:WORepetition list="[entity.classFetchSpecifications]"
    >> item="[fetchSpecification]">
    >
    > in the Apple-supplied template, but
    >
    >> #foreach ($fetchSpec in $entity.classFetchSpecifications)
    >> // test
    >> #end
    I'm not sure why the Apple one is called "classFetchSpecifications"
    since I'm not aware of any concept of a "non class fetch spec". Just
    call entity.sortedFetchSpecs.

    > Is there any way yet to read up on what's available here?
    The WOlips source is the only documentation for this at this point.

    ms