Re: Java 6 Open Source Project for Mac OS X Leopard+

From: Alex Cone (ab..odefab.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 19:59:01 EST

    I found this post/timeline interesting as far as Apple, Sun and Java
    versions

    http://stuffthathappens.com/blog/2007/10/28/os-x-java-definitive-timeline/

    abc

    On Nov 26, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Jerry W. Walker wrote:

    > Are you guys following the recent announcements on the Apple Java-
    > Dev by Landon Fuller and the discussion surrounding them?
    >
    > It's not yet time to push WO or Wonder to Java Version 6, but I'm
    > amazed at his apparent rate of progress.
    >
    > Of course, the hard part is integrating the Apple look & feel and he
    > hasn't touched that yet.
    >
    > Here's his latest:
    >

    > Begin forwarded message:
    >> From: Landon Fuller <landon..hreerings.net>
    >> Date: November 26, 2007 4:55:11 PM EST
    >> To: java-de..ists.apple.com
    >> Subject: SoyLatte Project Page
    >>
    >> I've created a proper project page for SoyLatte:
    >> http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/
    >>
    >> I envision the following "meta-goals" for the project:
    >> * Support for Java 6 Development on Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5
    >> * OpenJDK support for Java 7 on Mac OS X
    >> * On-time release of Java 7 for Mac OS X, for all recent releases
    >> (>= 10.4) of Mac OS X.
    >>
    >> In support of those goals, I see the following as the first-order
    >> TODO list:
    >> * Integration of Quaqua as an Aqua Look & Feel.
    >> * Native AWT Swing (as opposed to X11).
    >> * Sound support.
    >> * Integration with the Mac OS X certificate store (x509).
    >> * Implement any missing functionality.
    >>
    >> -landonf
    >>
    >> This email sent to jerrywwalke..mail.com
    >>

    > --
    > __ Jerry W. Walker,
    > WebObjects Developer/Instructor for High Performance Industrial
    > Strength Internet Enabled Systems
    >
    > jerrywwalke..mail.com
    > 203 278-4085 office

    __alex cone
             ceo c o d e f a b inc
             ab..odefab.com
             212.465.8484 x101
             http://www.codefab.com

    If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.