Re: Trying to get this project to run - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 22:28:23 EST

    On Nov 27, 2007, at 7:02 PM, James Cicenia wrote:

    > Ok -
    >
    > Go easy... as it ain't easy lifting the Komono

    Thanks. Not a picture I wanted.

    > ls /Library/Java/Extensions:
    >
    > META-INF
    > mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga
    > libsvnjavahl-1.jnilib

    That is all fine.

    > ls /Library/WebObjects/Extensions:
    >
    > activation.jar
    > commons-logging.jar
    > jfreechart-1.0.1.jar
    > ostermillerutils_1_03_00.jar
    > avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar
    > edtftpj-pro.jar
    > license.jar
    > poi-2.5-final-20040302.jar
    > axis-ant.jar
    > javax.servlet.jar
    > log4j-1.2.8.jar
    > saaj.jar
    > axis.jar
    > jaxrpc.jar
    > logkit-1.0.1.jar
    > servlet.jar
    > commons-discovery.jar
    > jcommon-1.0.0.jar
    > mail.jar
    > wsdl4j.jar

    Not so sure about all of those. Here is where it should be coming from:

    saskatoon:/Projects/HH/Cadre/Code/WebObjects chuck$ jar tf /System/
    Library/Frameworks/JavaXML.framework/Resources/Java/javaxml.jar |
    grep SAXParser
    META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
    org/apache/xerces/jaxp/SAXParserFactoryImpl.class
    org/apache/xerces/jaxp/SAXParserImpl.class
    org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractSAXParser$AttributesProxy.class
    org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractSAXParser$LocatorProxy.class
    org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractSAXParser.class
    org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser.class
    javax/xml/parsers/SAXParser.class
    javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory.class

    First, um, have you checked that JavaXML is part of the project's
    frameworks? If not, there be your problem. If it is...

    Try doing this on each jar in that directory:

    cd /Library/WebObjects/Extensions
    jar tf NAME.jar | grep xerces

    See anything?

    You can probably skip checking these ones:

    ls /Library/WebObjects/Extensions/
    axis-ant.jar commons-logging.jar
    junit.jar servlet.jar
    axis.jar jass-rt.jar
    log4j-1.2.14.jar wsdl4j.jar
    commons-discovery.jar jaxrpc.jar saaj.jar