How to set runtime/deployment classpath order

From: Tom Woteki (drw..oteki.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 13:31:55 EST

    Hello:

    How can I set the classpath order that will be used at runtime in a
    deployment setting?

    I know how to do this for a development build using "Configure Build
    Path". In development mode my app runs fine because I have set the
    classpath order. However, when I deploy the generated classpath causes
    a problem.

    For deployment I have experimented with reordering the "framework" and
    "otherclasspath" elements in build.xml used by ant but this doesn't
    seem to have any effect on the order of things in the generated
    classpath. My app winds up using the wrong version of a class.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Thanks
    Tom