Re: EOGenerator vs. JavaGenerator vs. VelocityGenerator ?

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 15:38:18 EST

    On Nov 30, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Andrew R. Kinnie wrote:

    > I've never used EOGenerator, and now, apparently have to use Apple's
    > new Java version, as there is no EOModeler any more.

            As has been discussed here at some length, there are two replacements
    for EOGenerator which won't run under Leopard because the old ObjC EOF
    frameworks are no longer in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks in
    Leopard. These frameworks were undoubtedly used by some of the WO
    tools that Apple has discontinued in Leopard.

            Apple has written JavaEOGenerator for which source is available.
    WOLips includes its own EOGenerator replacement. However, neither of
    these replacements uses the same template format as EOGenerator, and
    they each use different template formats. And I'm not sure that
    either replacement includes all of the functionality of EOGenerator.
    However, with source code available, missing functionality can be added.

            So everyone will need to choose which EOGenerator replacement to use,
    possibly based mostly on which template format one prefers.

    <http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Migrating+from+XCode+to+WOLips

    <http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Tutorials>

    > If I just did everything according to the defaults (the basic
    > Eclipse/WOLips install from the tutorial, with an install of the
    > Wonder frameworks), what else should I be doing?

            I suggest spending time learning as much as possible about Eclipse/
    WOLips which is a BIG change from Xcode/EOModeler/WOBuilder.

    Aloha,
    Art