Re: EOGenerator vs. JavaGenerator vs. VelocityGenerator ?

From: Pierce T. Wetter III (pierc..winforces.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 12:43:46 EST

    > So everyone will need to choose which EOGenerator replacement to
    > use, possibly based mostly on which template format one prefers.

      In my opinion given that:

       Fact #1: The Velocity generator engine is basically the default,
    and comes pre-loaded with WOLips. In other words, its built into the
    official development system.

       Fact #2: The old template formats are dead, regardless.

       Fact #3: The Velocity generator and Entity Modeler use the same code.

       Fact #4: The new JavaEOGenerator uses WO based templates in the new
    format if I remember correctly, so just launching the damn thing is a
    challenge.

       That the smart money will bet on Velocity templates. I think the
    template format is probably the least consideration, given that
    everyone has to rewrite their templates anyways.

       Though I do have one complaint about the Velocity generator: It
    doesn't complain when it loads a file in one of the other two formats,
    it just quietly generates crap. It would be nice if it looked for
    something obvious in the templates to see if its the wrong format, and
    gave a better error message.

      Pierce