Re: How to set runtime/deployment classpath order

From: Tom Woteki (drw..oteki.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 17:49:11 EST

  • Next message: D Tim Cummings (JIRA): "[OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-684) WOD binding validation should check for setters as well as getters where dynamic elements require setter."

    I was able to work around the problem alluded to below with a little
    experimentation and some aliasing. What I think found out in the
    bargain is that one cannot exercise much control over the classpath
    that is generated in an ant build from the built in woapplication task.

    Specifically, any entries in ant.classpaths.wo.wolocalroot will occur
    in random order in the generated classpath. In addition, all the
    entries in the former will precede anything generated out of
    ant.frameworks.wo.* whatever the ordering of task elements in
    woapplication.

    I found this a little surprising. I was expecting that ordering would
    be preserved in both cases. It would be nice, in my opinion, to have
    finer grained control over the generated classpath via the ant build.

    That said, thanks to all who are making WOLips and Wonder possible. I
    have made the transition from WO5.3/XCode to WO5.4/WOLips/Leo10.5
    after working out a few kinks in addition to the above. I especially
    like the Eclipse/WOLips environment (and have enjoyed the strongly
    felt dialog from both sides). However, I haven't tackled the
    EOGenerator variants yet. More to learn.

    Thanks again,
    Tom