EOGenerator Velocity Templates Question

From: André Koppany (koppan..ackoy.de)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 04:31:35 EST

    Hi,

    I decided to use the EOGenerator Velocity Engine to generate my
    EO Java Files.

    This works very fine and is a nice replacement for the good old
    EOGenerator from Ruby Code.

    But there are two questions in my mind:

    1. How can I get the prototypeName from an attribute?
    $attribute.prototypeName will not work
    (I thought this is just java and I can access all fields and methods
    from the EOAttribute class)

    2. Why the generator is using Integer instead of Number Class for
    Datatype Integer?
    I am using my own EOPrototypes. For sure this is a possible and
    logical way, but it differs to
    behavior before and I am getting problems with the Validation
    Mechanism (casting).

    Anyway, thanks for the nice work and to implement this directly into
    WOLips.

    Best,
    André