Re: WOLips on Win

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 20:41:15 EST

    On 07/12/2007, at 11:27 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > 1) Create the structure:
    > C:\Apple
    > C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /Library/Frameworks
    > on the Mac)
    > C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /System/Library/
    > Frameworks on the Mac)
    >
    > 2) Copy all the frameworks from /System/Library/Frameworks on a Mac
    > that are named Java* except for JavaScriptCore and JavaVM to C:\Apple
    > \Library\Frameworks
    >
    > 3) If you copied a 5.2, you will need to put a Windows License.key
    > in JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources. If you copied a 5.3, I think
    > it's a universal license key.

    The key that comes with 5.3.3 will work fine, the key from 5.3.0 won't
    from memory.

    > 4) Create a wobuild.properties file in C:\Documents and Settings
    > \<your user>\Library with the contents:
    > wo.woroot=C:/Apple
    > wo.wolocalroot=C:/Apple/Local
    > wo.wosystemroot=C:/Apple
    > wo.homeroot=C:/Temp
    > eclipse.home=C:/Programs Files/eclipse
    > wo.dir.library.frameworks=C:/Apple/Library/Frameworks

    If you set NEXT_ROOT, NEXT_SYSTEM_ROOT and NEXT_LOCAL_ROOT in your
    environment appropriately you might not need to do this manually,
    wolips *should* create it on first launch.

    > 5) Install eclipse 3.3.1.1
    >
    > 6) Install WOLips nightly from http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/nightly
    >

    > That should be it, I think? The things that are problematic right
    > now on Windows:
    > 1) The woproject/*.patternset don't work quite right on Windows. If
    > you don't have subfolders in your Resources/Components/etc, you can
    > work around it by converting Components/**/*/etc/** to Components/*,
    > same w/ Resources and WebServerResources
    > 2) Couple images have backgrounds that should not
    > 3) Outline view in component editor is not right
    > 4) AutoOpenInBrowser doesn't work unless you override
    > Application._isSupportedDevelopmentPlatform to return true
    >
    > I THINK that was it, but there might have been a couple other misc
    > items .. I'll have to go back through and doublecheck.

    Did you fixed the EOGenerator Editor to handle windows paths properly
    yet?
    http://issues.objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-669

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806