Re: dumb migration question

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 16:49:25 EST

    On Dec 9, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Andrew R. Kinnie wrote:

    > com
    > .webobjects
    > .appserver.parser.declaration.WODeclarationFormatException: Main:
    > 28:16: Encountered ..omedomain.com" at line 28, column 26.
    >
    > Basically, my wod declaration is a simple hyperlink to an email
    > address:
    >
    > Hyperlink1: Email {
    > href = "mailto:m..omedomain.com";
    > }

            This element contains only static data, so you could use a standard
    HTML anchor (static hyperlink) instead of a WOHyperlink. But I don't
    know why the parser is complaining.

    > As far as the generics are concerned, should I not be using NSArray?

            No, you need to continue using Foundation collections. However, the
    WO 5.4 Foundation collections have been genericized. The real fix is
    to genericize your uses of these collections. You can wade through <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/pdf/generics-tutorial.pdf
    expresses my opinion of Java generics (<http://weblogs.java.net/blog/arnold/archive/2005/06/generics_consid_1.html
    >).

            Or you could use a Java SuppressWarnings annotation to tell the
    compiler to shut up:

    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")

    Place this annotation on its own line immediately above a method
    definition to suppress warnings related to generics in that method. I
    think if you place this annotation above a class definition, warnings
    in all methods in that class will be suppressed (someone please
    correct me if I'm wrong).

    Aloha,
    Art