Re: <wo:WORepetition> error ?

From: Gavin Eadie (gavi..mich.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 18:26:22 EST

    At 3:32 PM -0500 12/10/07, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >Subject: Re: <wo:WORepetition> error ?
    >Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:32:03 -0500
    >
    >>Mike ... Have you had reports of oddness in parsing <wo:WORepetition ...> ?
    >>
    >>I hit an error in:
    >>
    >> <wo:WORepetition list = "[peopleList]" item = "[thisPerson]">
    >> <wo:string value = "[thisPerson.lastName]"/><br/></wo:WORepetition>
    >>
    >> reporting that ... "'list' must not be a constant"
    >Please keep these on the list ...

    ... fair enough.

    >I'm guessing the constant check is being tripped up by 5.4 syntax.
    >You do have WO 5.4 checked in your validation settings, right?

    ... I thought I did, but I did not, so thanks.

         By the way, the only place I could find this setting is in the
    global Eclipse properties. I wondered if there should be a component
    level setting (since I have only a few components that are using the
    5.4 stuff), but attempts to bring up the "WOLips Build" preferences
    on the selected *.wo folder generated:

        "The currently displayed page contains invalid values"

    >>In fact, saving <wo:WORepetition></wo:WORepetition> crashes Eclipse.
    >When you say "crashes" (which is a banned word for me -- way
    >overloaded), what EXACTLY do you mean.

    ... I will be more precise in future. The first time it happened I
    got Eclipse into a state where I had to force quit it (probably my
    fault by not accepting the Eclipse request for an immediate
    termination). Subsequent times I accepted Eclipse's desire to quit
    and it did so.

    >>12/10/07 2:57:22 PM [0x0-0xcc0cc].org.eclipse.eclipse[1886] at
    >>org.objectstyle.wolips.wodclipse.core.completion.WodParserCache.validate(Unknown
    >>Source)
    >>12/10/07 2:57:22 PM [0x0-0xcc0cc].org.eclipse.eclipse[1886] at
    >This looks like the StackOverflow that Q is looking into (and
    >committed some fixes for just today). I ran into this also just
    >recently.

    ... I'll look for that in tomorrow's version.

         I know that living on the nightly builds can be risky and
    frustrating, and I wouldn't dream of deploying anything with that
    toolset, but while exploring WOLips and the new capabilities in 5.4
    and in WOLips, it seems the best place to be not only because that's
    where they are implemented, but also because if I find anomalies,
    reporting them may help everyone.

         However, I am now in a state where any attempt to edit any
    component results in a Java stack overflow, so it's time to throw it
    all away and reinstall .. Gav