Re: <wo:WORepetition> error ?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 11:17:58 EST

    > At 8:59 PM -0500 12/10/07, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >> You can't set it per component -- WO 5.4 doesn't allow it.
    >> Your app is either 5.4 parser or it isn't.
    >
    > ... I don't think that's correct, Mike. You are a WODeity in my
    > book, but I seem to have a counter-example running here. I'm
    > converting bit by bit so I have old and new usage mixed across, and
    > within, frameworks.
    >
    > All WO, no Wonder (yet) .. Gav
    I'll have to check with Pierre, but there is still only a single
    setting for the template parser class for an application ... It's
    possible that if the wod file is blank, that it delegates to the new
    parser and if wod file is not blank, it delegates to the old parser,
    but I'm 99% that's the only trigger -- you can't CHOOSE to parse a
    particular WO with a certain parser. I know for a fact that with
    5.4's, you can only choose one or the other -- you either have a wod
    and can't use inline, or you use inline and you can't have a wod.
    Giving you an option to set the validator for a component would be
    misleading, though, because that's not how the runtime works. You can
    do a test and let us know, actually. If you have a component with a
    wod file, can you use malformed XML in the HTML file. If you can,
    then it would imply to me that it is delegating to the old parser when
    a wod exists. If you get a parse error, then it's using the same new
    5.4 parser, just with inline bindings disallowed.

    ms