Re: <wo:WORepetition> error ?

From: Gavin Eadie (gavi..mich.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 12:27:13 EST

    At 11:17 AM -0500 12/11/07, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >It's possible that if the wod file is blank, that it delegates to
    >the new parser and if wod file is not blank, it delegates to the old
    >parser, but I'm 99% that's the only trigger -- you can't CHOOSE to
    >parse a particular WO with a certain parser. I know for a fact that
    >with 5.4's, you can only choose one or the other -- you either have
    >a wod and can't use inline, or you use inline and you can't have a
    >wod.

    ... I agree, Mike. I ran into that at WWDC (I'd converted only a few
    WOStrings to see how it worked - it didn't), asked Pierre what was
    happening and he explained exactly that.

    >Giving you an option to set the validator for a component would be
    >misleading, though, because that's not how the runtime works.

    ... I see, but I am now confused about the purpose of that setting.
    Does that 5.4 validation flag condition whether components are
    validated against Apple's 5.4 vs 5.3 parser; or does it condition
    between Apple's (5.3?) parser and the Wonder ognl-enhanced one?

    >You can do a test and let us know, actually. If you have a
    >component with a wod file, can you use malformed XML in the HTML
    >file. If you can, then it would imply to me that it is delegating
    >to the old parser when a wod exists. If you get a parse error, then
    >it's using the same new 5.4 parser, just with inline bindings
    >disallowed.

    ... oh, it's the latter, you get a parse error - it uses the new
    parser for both. I tripped over several "<meta ...>" usages that
    complained about not being terminated, and just made sure by leaving
    a bare <br> in a component, to get:

        WOMLTemplateParserErrorHandler.fatalError(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
        The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>".)