Re: Velocity Template _Entity Error Question

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2007 - 19:18:33 EST

    > However, the compiler is telling me that is should be returning a
    > type of extended superclass? Strangely when I compile this for java5
    > I don't get the error?
    There's not enough information here. What EXACTLY is the error and
    what is the version of the method in the superclass and in the
    subclass. Are you trying to build with 1.4? This won't work in 1.4,
    because in 1.4 you can't have covariant return types -- that's only a
    feature in 1.5. Probably that method should be removed from the 1.4
    velocity templates.

    ms