Re: EOGenerator templates rely on log4j being part of the classpath

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 16:55:42 EST

    On 18-Dec-07, at 4:39 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > They're not in the 1.4 templates (you can choose these in the WOLips
    > EOGenerator prefs) ... The 1.5 templates are basically my own, so
    > they use log4j, because we use Wonder. At the moment, that's just
    > "the way it is". I _think_ log4j is in WO 5.4 also, so if you're
    > using 1.5 templates, you're either using Wonder or WO 5.4, so that
    > should be a safe bet, I believe. If someone wants to send a patch
    > that checks to see if EOGenericRecord is ERXGenericRecord or
    > something, I'll test it out and put it in.
    >
    > ms
    >
    > On Dec 18, 2007, at 4:33 PM, David Holt wrote:
    >
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> When you create new WebObjects application (not WOnder) log4j is
    >> not included in the class path. The default templates for
    >> EOGenerator make a call to org.apache.log4j.Logger so the generated
    >> files immediately have a number of errors related to logging.
    >>
    >> I just added ERJars to the classpath to get rid of the errors, but
    >> perhaps the project templates need to be changed. Thanks,
    >>
    >> David

    Personally, I would treat the existing velogenerator templates as
    examples. You can use them to create your own templates, put them in
    your project (or elsewhere) with the correct paths in the EOGen file
    and and edit them to contain whatever you want.

    Mine already contain tons of stuff that is likely to only appeal/apply
    to me/my projects or is modified to match older eogenerator templates.

    ;david

    --
    David LeBer
    Codeferous Software