Using Webservice Assistant with D2WS

From: Jan Philip Porschke (philip.porschk..-f.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 11:41:30 EST

    Hi,

    I am quite new to Webobjects and trying to use the Webservice
    Assistant with WOLips. Is this possible?
    Currently I am getting this message when I start the WS Assistant on a
    D2WS Application:

    [2007-12-19 16:10:48 CET] <WorkerThread1>
    <com.webobjects.webservices.generation._WSDirectAction>: Exception in
    performActionNamed() on the action "loadD2WModel" with the message:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't obtain rules because of
    protected access!

    The Webobjects Version is 5.4.

    As far as I understood, the WS Assistant is a GUI Tool which writes to
    the applications rule file. So the correct substitute would be using
    the WOLips Rule Editor. But will I be able to register a new Service
    by Rule ?

    thanks in advance
    phil