Re: Anyone have any other ideas on my deployment woes?

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 13:56:59 EST

    James,

    First, are you logging the wotaskd errors? ........ this will let you
    see what the launch problem is:

    See here for info on how to set that up. Then launch with WOMonitor
    and then go a cat the log to see what happened. See the section
    Where's my stderr on this page:
    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Web+Applications-
    Deployment-Common+Pitfalls+and+Troubleshooting

    *IMPORTANT* Pay attention to last sentence in that section ......
    otherwise no apps will launch at all!
    "The one problem now is that typically WebObjects apps run as
    appserver user, which means they won't be able to write to this file.
    To fix this, you can 'touch /var/log/webobjects.err' as root, and
    then chown the blank file to whatever user your WebObjects apps run as."

    My WILD GUESS:
    1) Permissions still wrong somewhere

            OR

    2) Something in /Library/WebObjects/Extensions is conflicting with
    your app (maybe there is a log4j in there which is conflicting with
    one that is already in your frameworks .... ERJars ... for example.
    If you must have log4j in there, then make it the exact same version
    as the one in your framework ... but longterm (and this is MY
    OPINION) take everything OUT of that WO Extensions dir ....... those
    jars are dynamically added to classpath when wotaskd launches. Those
    are not included in classpath when you launch on command line NOR
    when developing in Eclipse... again this is a wild guess.

    anyway, try getting the wotaskd log going .... and be sure to report
    back if success or failure :-)

    Regards, Kieran