Re: OK !!! ALMOST - Re: Anyone have any other ideas on my deployment woes?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 21:23:39 EST

    >> Well, this came from WOLips then. But it might just have been the
    >> inclusion of that script from WO 5.4. I am not sure, I am waaaay
    >> behind the curve on WOLips.
    > On whatever machine you built this application on (the one you ran
    > the ant build on), does the file
    >
    > /System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/
    > WOBootstrap.jar
    >
    > exist?
    Apparently (looking at this code for the first time), if that file
    exists, you are considered "wo52". If that file does not exist, you
    are considered "wo 5 or 5.1". They use different startup scripts when
    this happens.

    In particular, wo 5/5.1:

    if [ "${PLATFORM_TYPE}" = "Other" ]
    then
         if [ "${NEXT_ROOT}" = "" ]
         then
             echo ${SCRIPT_NAME}: NEXT_ROOT environment variable is not
    set! Terminating.
             exit 1
         fi
    fi

    if [ "${HOME}" = "" ]
    then
         echo ${SCRIPT_NAME}: HOME environment variable is not set!
    Terminating.
         exit 1
    fi

    echo Reading ${CLASSPATH_FILENAME} ...

    whereas wo "5.2":

    if [ "${PLATFORM_TYPE}" = "Other" ]
    then
         if [ "${NEXT_ROOT}" = "" ]
         then
             echo ${SCRIPT_NAME}: NEXT_ROOT environment variable is not
    set! 1>&2