Re: Maven settings.xml

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 19:55:33 EST

    Hi Clark,

    Clark Mueller wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I've been wanting to give Maven a try.

    Good to hear it. ;)

    > I was going through the tutorial
    > on Confluence. I successfully installed Maven and the WOLips plug-in.
    > However, I'm getting the following error when I try to run "mvn
    > --non-recursive
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-wobootstrap-plugin::bootstrap" to
    > import the WebObjects jars.
    >
    >> [INFO] The plugin
    >> 'org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-wobootstrap-plugin' does not
    >> exist or no valid version could be found
    >

    > If I try just to import the example projects into Eclipse, it seems to
    > try fetching a bunch of jars from the mDimension web site, but this does
    > not succeed and the entire process from that point sort of falls apart.
    >
    > From reading previous list posts on the topic, it appears that I need
    > to put an update server or something like that into my
    > ~/.m2/settings.xml which used to be listed in the tutorial
    > (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Add+webobjects+jars+to+the+local+repositiory),
    > however, I don't see a reference to that now. Is this needed, or is
    > there something else I should be looking at to fix this?

    Attached is the settings.xml with the current WOLips Maven repository
    configuration. I also added "org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2" to the
    pluginGroup configuration of Maven. So, you just need to execute "mvn
    wobootstrap:bootstrap" to install the WebObjects jars into your Maven
    repository.

    You will see the following in the Maven log if everything succeeds:

    [INFO] artifact
    org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-wobootstrap-plugin: checking for
    updates from WOLips Releases Repository

    [INFO] artifact
    org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-wobootstrap-plugin: checking for
    updates from central

    Downloading:
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/maven2/releases/org/objectstyle/woproject/maven2/maven-wobootstrap-plugin/2.0.10/maven-wobootstrap-plugin-2.0.10.pom
    1K downloaded

    Downloading:
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/maven2/releases/org/objectstyle/woproject/maven2/maven2/2.0.10/maven2-2.0.10.pom
    975b downloaded

    Downloading:
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/maven2/releases/org/objectstyle/woproject/woproject-all-parent/2.0.10/woproject-all-parent-2.0.10.pom
    5K downloaded

    Downloading:
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/maven2/releases/org/objectstyle/woproject/maven2/maven-wobootstrap-plugin/2.0.10/maven-wobootstrap-plugin-2.0.10.jar
    16K downloaded

    The first time you execute a new Maven goal a lot of dependencies may be
    downloaded. So, this may take some time.

    Cheers,

    Henrique