Re: Entity Modeler

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 16:59:16 EST

    Anjo Krank wrote:
    > Just what are you talking about?
    >
    > Cheers, Anjo
    >
    > Am 15.01.2008 um 21:54 schrieb Anders Peterson:
    >
    >> A tool named Entity Modeler must be awfully generic. With the right
    >> eogenerator (or whatever you're using) template you should be able to
    >> model and generate anything.

    I imagine one could use Entity Modeler regardless of which ORM framework is used
    - just by modifying the generator templates. Doesn't even have to to be Java
    classes. You can of course only model structures that EOF can handle/describe.
    Possibly some features of some specific ORM framework can not be modeled.

    I'm currently working on a small prototype application that is not using EOF/WO,
    but I plan to use Entity Modeler to develop the database and business object
    model, and make scripts that generate Java classes as I need them.

    /Anders

    --
    http://ojalgo.org/

    Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Optimisation with Java