Re: Entity Modeler

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 03:53:34 EST

    Mike Schrag wrote:
    > I looked at Cayenne Modeler when I started EM ... It's REALLLLY close to
    > EOModels, but not quite, and I just decided that I could make a much
    > better app that really knows EOF than to try and shoehorn another ORM
    > model into a different editor. However, it it works for you, that's great!

    Wasn't there talk about a standalone Entity Modeler once?

    Sometimes tools and techniques developed for very specific purposes turn
    out to be useful in a more general context.

    > On Jan 15, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah well.. so use one of the trillion other tools that do this. I'd
    >> prefer to have EM model EOs perfectly and if the rest work, fine, but
    >> if not, tough luck.

    I've looked at some of the other tools. Most of them require that I
    install Hibernate, Dali and/or WTP... I don't want to complicate my
    system or eclipse installations too much and I already have Entity
    Modeler installed.

    >> There are only so many hours in the day, and it can only hurt of the
    >> focus of the tool got lost in a maze of "uh, it would be nice to have".
    >>
    >> And frankly, I have yet to see *one* commit on EM that wasn't Mike's
    >> (apart from the odd one-line NPE fix).
    >>
    >> So I suggest you stop imagining and start working on it :)
    >>
    >> Cheers, Anjo

    We'll see where I end up,

    /Anders