Re: WO On Windows

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 12:18:20 EST

    I can't remember if I posted these or not, but these are the
    instructions I put together at a client's last month:

    1) Create the structure:
    C:\Apple
    C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /Library/Frameworks
    on the Mac)
    C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /System/Library/Frameworks
    on the Mac)

    2) Copy all the frameworks from /System/Library/Frameworks on a Mac
    that are named Java* except for JavaScriptCore and JavaVM to C:\Apple
    \Library\Frameworks

    3) If you copied a 5.2, you will need to put a Windows License.key in
    JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources. If you copied a 5.3, I think it's
    a universal license key.

    4) Create a wobuild.properties file in C:\Documents and Settings\<your
    user>\Library with the contents:
    wo.woroot=C:/Apple
    wo.wolocalroot=C:/Apple/Local
    wo.wosystemroot=C:/Apple
    wo.homeroot=C:/Temp
    eclipse.home=C:/Programs Files/eclipse
    wo.dir.library.frameworks=C:/Apple/Library/Frameworks

    5) Install eclipse 3.3.1.1

    6) Install WOLips nightly from http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/nightly

    That should be it, I think? The things that are problematic right now
    on Windows:
    1) The woproject/*.patternset don't work quite right on Windows. You
    can work around it by converting Components/**/*/etc/** to Components/
    *, same w/ Resources and WebServerResources
    2) Couple images have backgrounds that should not
    3) Outline view in component editor is not right
    4) AutoOpenInBrowser doesn't work unless you override
    Application._isSupportedDevelopmentPlatform to return true

    I THINK that was it, but there might have been a couple other misc
    items.

    ms