Re: moving to VelocityGenerator from JavaEOGenerator

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 18:31:07 EST

    > Thanks Mike,
    >
    > So, I want my velogen templates to generate something like this:
    >
    > public NSArray fetchSomeObjectsFetchSpec(EOEditingContext ec,
    > BindingOneClass bindingOne, BindingTwoClass bindingTwo) {
    > }
    >
    > I get the 'bindingOne' from the EOQualifierBindings 'name', how do I
    > get the 'BindingOneClass'?
    >
    > Do i need to check the attributePath and ask for a different key
    > path based on the result to get at the destinations class or is
    > there an easier way I'm not seeing?
    I was going to give a long explanation of how you can do it, but it
    was easier to just add some easier API ... attributePath now has a
    "childClassName" method on it, so you can call $
    {binding.attributePath.childClassName} and it will do the right thing
    for attributes or relationships (EXCEPT if you use ERXConstants as
    binding values, but I don't think this will be a problem).

    ms