Re: EOModel do not open in Entity Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 11:58:21 EST

    >>> Configuration: Windows 2k, WO 5.2.3, Eclipse 3.2.2, WOLips 3.3.41.40
    >> I haven't looked at old versions in a long time but 1) I'm pretty
    >> sure you have to be on Eclipse 3.3 to use anything more recent than
    >> the stable build, and 2) you're using a really funky version -- I
    >> think "stable" is 4118 + Eclipse 3.2, and nightly is 4788 + Eclipse
    >> 3.3, which puts you in some god-knows-what version.
    > Yes I know I am way behind current wolips versions but I have been
    > using this combination for a long time with no other problem than
    > the current. Because in the past I have major issues with updating
    > wolips I am hesitating to change a running system. But maybe I
    > should at least update to the latest stable version.
    >
    > Could you give me some info on what information/file Entity Modeler
    > depends on reading in an EOModel? As there is no kind of error
    > message at all I am really stuck. Is it possible that the eo file
    > separation (custom-generated) is affecting the behaviour?
    It depends only on the eomodel plist files and your model's
    dependencies. There have been lots of fixes to Entity Modeler in the
    many versions between you and the head of the tree, so I have no idea
    what this particular problem might be. I would recommend trying to
    open your model with a new build and see if it works. You can setup a
    separate Eclipse install to try it ... Alternatively you could try
    downloading the standalone Entity Modeler and see if that can open
    it. It doesn't match the latest build, but it's close enough. If it
    doesn't work even in the latest build, then it's something I need to
    fix, but I bet that it does.

    ms