Re: Refusing direct actions

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 16:55:14 EST

    Anjo,

    thanks, but with new knowledge comes confusion...

    I only cared about direct actions, because I thought component actions
    were magically taken care of. I assumed that as soon as "Refuse new
    sessions" was set in JavaMonitor for instance X, component requests
    that did not have a session were passed on to another instance without
    ever getting to instance X. Back in the days before I had session
    cookies and a lot of direct actions, that was the way it worked for
    me. But now I am seeing some new sessions being created by component
    actions in instance X, possibly because of session cookies from a
    different instance.

    Am I wrong in my assumptions about component requests? Am I going to
    have to check every single request, both direct action and component?
    That doesn't sound right.

    In fact, surely the best result would be "magically" make direct
    actions work the way I thought component actions worked, so that
    clicking "Refuse new sessions" just worked...

    Regards
    Thomas