Re: Problem showing project images in app ported from XCode

From: Alex Cone (ab..odefab.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 13:40:35 EST

    so we have a couple basic problems here:

    1) getting Eclipse to build the .woa correctly - recognizing all the
    correct WSR files and constructing the correct directories inside
    the .woa in the build dir

    2) while running in Eclipse in "direct connect" mode, having the
    WOResourceManager find the files and serve them up properly

    3) having the ant build tasks that do a deployment build function
    properly and produce the correct files.

    I'm not a huge fan of the "split install" approach, but sometimes you
    do have apps constructed that way and Eclipse/WOLips should work as
    expected...

    Anyone have any thoughts?

    abc

    On Feb 7, 2008, at 4:33 PM, Apoorva Muralidhara wrote:

    > I'm migrating an old WebObjects application from XCode to WOLips
    > (version 3.3.4760). Using the WOLips wizard, I've created an empty
    > WebObjects application and copied all the Java code, components,
    > and EOModel into the appropriate directories, and configured the
    > build path as necessary. The application builds, launches, and
    > fetches from the database. But none of the images show up.
    >
    > In other applications, we usually serve an image by storing it
    > externally, with a symbolic link to its directory from just under /
    > Library/WebServer/Documents/, and displaying it using the WOImage
    > "src" binding with the corresponding absolute URL. But the
    > application I'm porting keeps the images in its project, using the
    > WOImage "filename" binding and relying on WOResourceManager to find
    > them.
    >
    > I have, for example, a WOImage on the front page, with a filename
    > binding: filename = "wombat.jpg".
    >
    > If I put wombat.jpg into the top-level project directory, the image
    > appears when I run the application. If I put it in
    > WebServerResources, it does not. The project I'm porting has an
    > existing static resource directory structure, with subdirectories
    > such as "gif" and "jpg" and "css". When I put this jpg where I
    > *really* want it--at WebServerResources/jpg/wombat.jpg--it
    > definitely doesn't show up!
    >
    > With the resources where I really want them, I have right-clicked on
    > WebServerResources, on jpg, and even on the individual .jpg (using
    > "add all files with extension") , and chosen WOLips Tools -->
    > Include As WebServerResource. My wsresources.include.patternset:
    >
    > WebServerResources/**/*
    > **/WebServerResources
    > **/css
    > **/gif
    > **/gimp
    > **/html
    > **/jpg
    > **/js
    > **/xml
    > **/*.jpg
    >
    > This file was not mentioned in the wsresources node of my
    > build.xml, so I hand-edited it. It looks like this now:
    >
    > <wsresources dir="WebServerResources">
    > <patternset>
    > <includesfile name="woproject/wsresources.include.patternset" />
    > <include name="**/*" />
    > <exclude name="CVS" />
    > <exclude name=".svn" />
    > <excludesfile name="woproject/wsresources.exclude.patternset" />
    > </patternset>
    > </wsresources>
    >
    > I also tried adding <include name="*.jpg"/>, <include name="jpg/
    > *.jpg"/>, <include name="**/*.jpg"/>, and <include
    > name="WebServerResources/jpg/*.jpg"/>.
    >
    > But no matter what I do, the images just don't show up!
    >
    > I right-clicked on WebServerResources and brought up Properties and
    > made sure that "Executable" was checked. I looked inside my built
    > copy of the application, and the resources are there, although I did
> [...]

    __alex cone
             ceo c o d e f a b llc
             ab..odefab.com
             212.465.8484 x101
             http://www.codefab.com

    If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.