Re: Problem showing project images in app ported from XCode

From: Alex Cone (ab..odefab.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 14:13:25 EST

    On Feb 8, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Feb 8, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Alex Cone wrote:
    >
    >> so we have a couple basic problems here:
    >
    > "we"?

    the royal we (Pluralis Majestatis)

    >> 1) getting Eclipse to build the .woa correctly - recognizing all
    >> the correct WSR files and constructing the correct directories
    >> inside the .woa in the build dir
    >
    > Well, let's start off by separating "having image files in the
    > project" and "having image files in a specific directory structure
    > in the project". It seems you want the latter.
    >
    > Have you looked at the Wiki?
    > http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/How+to+add+an+image+to+a+Component

    yes, of course. As you can see from Apoorva's post below, we have a
    huge (inherited legacy) project with a gajillion images in a
    WebServerResources hierarchy of directories. We are using the
    "filename" binding. And the running app does not find the images.
    One clue is that the .woa in the build dir contains a double
    WebServerResources/WebServerResources structure...

    >> 2) while running in Eclipse in "direct connect" mode, having the
    >> WOResourceManager find the files and serve them up properly
    >
    > Probably more of an Incremental Builder question than anything and I
    > don't use it (not a moral position, just a statement of fact).

    yes

    >> 3) having the ant build tasks that do a deployment build function
    >> properly and produce the correct files.
    >
    > Did you read my message yesterday?

    doubtless, but I don't recall having a light-bulb go off and thinking
    "that solves it" after reading yesterday's posts. was it to this list?

    >> I'm not a huge fan of the "split install" approach, but sometimes
    >> you do have apps constructed that way and Eclipse/WOLips should
    >> work as expected...
    >>
    >> Anyone have any thoughts?
    >
    > Some more details on exactly what structure you have set up and what
    > results are you getting vs what you expect could be useful...

    I'll let Apoorva send some ascii diagrams but the basics are described
    below in his original post: