Re: Propagate Superclass Changes in Entity Modeler

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 12:28:53 EST

    I have a Class that used to be a final class, no subclasses, but then
    I decided to I really needed two classes each one having some of the
    original classes attributes/relationships along with some additional
    ones.

    If I make two sublcasses, then go into the superclass and delete any
    attributes/relationships that the two subclasses no longer share, it
    deletes them from both subclasses as well. I then have to go back
    into each subclass and re-add the ones that are specific to that
    subclass.

    What would be easier is to shut off the propagation, then manually
    delete the attributes/relationships that I don't want anymore from
    the subclasses.

    With that said, you were wrong about not being able to shut off the
    propagation. I just make the subclasses, then set their Parent to
    null, which in effect turns off the propagation. Once I'm done
    modifying the superclass I re-set the Parent entity. Simple.

    Dave