Re: WOMiddleManHTMLFormatException with WO 5.4.1

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 16:57:42 EST

    > <wo:WOString value = "~ value1 > value2 ? 'yes' : 'no'"/>
    >
    > If I use the above, I get this new exception. If I escape it, WOGNL
    > doesn't work.
    You can use "gt" instead of > in ognl.

    > And don't tell me I could use value2 < value1, because although that
    > works, it is still as illegal as the other way around. This is NOT
    > an exception caused by unescaped content, it is the inability of WO
    > to handle a ">" character inside a quoted value. And there are
    > certain OGNL expressions that are very convoluted and hard to debug
    > without a ">" character.
    Technically this is illegal in XML, which all of these parsers are
    sort of bastardized versions of. A < or > inside of an attribute
    value must be escaped. However, in WO's defense, the problem you're
    having is not with WO, but with Wonder's parser. WO, I think, is to
    blame only for you logging problems.

    ms