wobuild.properties NOT used by Wonder build files

From: Archibal Singleton (concierg..xidia.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 16:09:59 EST

    On 11 Feb 2008, at 20:03, Archibal Singleton wrote:

    > On 26 Oct 2007, at 12:21, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >
    >> IIRC, you just set:
    >>
    >> wo.wosystemroot=/some/place/or/other
    >>
    >> where /some/place/or/other/Library/Frameworks/ has all the WO stuff
    >> in it.

    [snip]

    > ie I've replace all occurences of /System on the right side of the
    > assignments with the location for my 53 System Frameworks because
    > just setting wo.wosystemroot=/Users/tmk/Library/WebObjects/53/System
    > didn't work.
    >
    > Problem is it doesn't seem to be working either.
    >
    > Please see below the output of issuing: ant frameworks
    >
    > Apparently the the WO system frameworks can't be found? I've double-
    > checked and the paths in the wobuild.properties file are correct.
    >
    > I guess I must be missing something obvious :-(

    First I need to clarify that what failed to build was the *Wonder*
    source. I'm using Wonder source as per http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WONDER/Working+with+Wonder+source+in+Eclipse

    To answer my own questions, what I was missing which is NOT obvious
    IMHO is that AFAIK the Wonder Ant build files do not use ~/
    Wobuild.properties :-(.

    Instead they are using their own set of properties files.

    After learning Ant (sooner that I'd wished) and then reading Wonder
    Ant build files I realised that Wonder uses the following properties
    files:
    ${user.home}/build.wonder.properties and ${user.home}/
    build.properties. I only tested with the first one where I set
    wo.woroot to point to my folder with the WO System Frameworks and
    Wonder built then built like usual.

    Wonder's BUILD.txt file which only mention ~/wobuild.properties may be
    misleading in this regard.

    OTOH, the build.xml that's included to build new projects created by
    WOLips and WOLips itself *do* use the ~/wobuild.properties so if
    someone already had the Wonder stuff built, changing wo.wosystemroot
    as instructed above does work.

    Maybe it would less confusing if the same properties were used
    everywhere, and the unused stuff removed (or at least marked as
    deprecated)

    Funny thing is I found the following exchange between Mike and Anjo
    where Mike allude to the fact that wo.woroot is deprecated.
    Well not in Project Wonder it would seem (I'm tracking Wonder CVS, so
    my version is a few days old at max)

    ---

    On 05 Dec 2007, at 06:14, Anjo Krank wrote:

    > I was wondering about that, too. It may be that the wo.dir ones > where thought of as a consolidated namespace thing that was never > implemented. > > Cheers, Anjo > > Am 05.12.2007 um 10:05 schrieb Mike Schrag: > >> There are a lot of crazy wobuild.properties flying around and all >> the examples have 500 different paths in them that all look the >> same ... I did some searching on the source, and it APPEARS that >> the only settings that are even used are: >> >> wo.woroot (which is basically deprecated in favor of wosystemroot/ >> wolocalroot) >> wo.wosystemroot >> wo.wolocalroot >> wo.homeroot >> wo.dir.reference.api >> wo.externalbuildroot >> >> and to build WOLips itself, I think you might need >> wo.dir.library.frameworks >> >> Does anyone know of any places that use the other values that maybe >> I'm just missing in this search?

    = tmk =