Re: [OS-JIRA] Closed: (WOL-722) Selecting a framework in "System" that is also in "Local" doesn't work

From: Guido Neitzer (list..vent-s.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 12:21:58 EST

    On 21.02.2008, at 10:11, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > The new code doesn't FIX this, btw ... It makes it more explicit.
    > The new UI would just simply not let you pick JavaWOExtensions from
    > System -- it would only show "JavaWOExtension Local Frameworks".

    Which is at least the right user interface for the currently existing
    "feature" - which I still can't find any good. It might be okay as
    long as there is no name conflict between a System framework and a
    user installed one (which was a bad idea in the first place).

    > This is part of the new approach for classpath management "less
    > power = less confusing".

    For that it is only "less confusing" as the "less power" is already
    there ... ;-)

    > The big problem right now is that the UI lets you pick System, then
    > ignores you and picks Local instead. We can make it disable the
    > checkbox next to the same-named ones lower in the tree in the
    > current UI, though, at least to make it a little less confusing.

    If that is a 2 minute thing - okay. If not, I guess it's better to
    wait for the new stuff and figure out how situations like that can be
    handled in a user friendlier way.

    cug

    --
    Real-World WebObjects class at the Big Nerd Ranch
    March 2008, Frankfurt, Germany