Re: [OS-JIRA] Closed: (WOL-722) Selecting a framework in "System" that is also in "Local" doesn't work

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 12:40:30 EST

    > If that is a 2 minute thing - okay. If not, I guess it's better to
    > wait for the new stuff and figure out how situations like that can
    > be handled in a user friendlier way.
    In the new stuff, the "user friendlier way" is "rename it. stop doing
    that." :)

    The reason why I am advocating this new approach is:
    1) I don't believe this actually happens all that often
    2) When it DOES happen, it's usually the case that you're overriding a
    lower framework, anyway.
    3) We can ditch the tree and switch to a flat list which makes that UI
    a lot easier to use
    4) It allows a very easy definition of rules as well as automatic
    classpath manipulation -- Project=>Project Framework=>User
    Framework=>Local Framework=>System Framework=>Network Framework. If
    at any point in that order a framework of the same name appears, I
    know exactly what the override rule is. This allows the new system to
    do automatic project overrides without introducing even more confusing
    rules ("oh but that was in system, i didn't intend that one to
    override -- i only want the one in local to override" -- nope, sorry,
    the rules are clear).
    5) The fix for this being wrong is pretty easy.

    ms