Re: [OS-JIRA] Closed: (WOL-722) Selecting a framework in "System" that is also in "Local" doesn't work

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 13:54:02 EST

    Am 21.02.2008 um 19:24 schrieb Guido Neitzer:

    > On 21.02.2008, at 11:14, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> Honestly, it probably should be (or rather should have been,
    >> originally). For me, it falls into the "intends to replace system
    >> framework" category, so it works exactly as intended. You're
    >> welcome to rename it in your own deployment :)
    >
    > The problem is, that it might not keep up with current development.
    > And I know what I can do locally for me, but I'm trying to find a
    > way to explain why it is as it is. And actually I find it really
    > hard in that case.

    *Any* serious deployment should embed frameworks. It may be open to
    debate if this includes /Sys/Lib/Fra, but certainly it includes /Lib/
    Fra.

    And this "explaining" thing seems to me a problem of what you
    currently do: courses in 5.4 with Wonder. 5.4 is definitely not ready
    for prime time and we don't support it.

    Also, if you install wonder on the deployment machine you should have
    not problem either, so I fail to see where the real problem is...

    Cheers, Anjo