Re: I just thought this looked cool

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 17:56:21 EST

    > - created new WebObjects application within Xcode (I'd forgotten how
    > quickly you can type in Cocoa apps)
    > - Added new Java Class: CommonComponent extends WOComponent
    > - Added method to Main.java: public CommonComponent someResults()
    > { return null; }
    > - Double clicked on Main.wo
    >
    > WOB shows the someResults action below the line.
    >
    > - Changed Main to subclass CommonComponent
    > - moved method to super class but as returning yet again another
    > component name (without *.wo)
    >
    > Also is showed.
    >
    > It depends if there are no potential compile errors... but it works
    > (mostly) :-)
    This is why I don't envy whoever wrote WOB ... Some poor schlub had to
    do a TON of work to make that happen. I can't imagine trying to make
    that app without the benefit of all the fanciness the underlying
    Eclipse API's bring. Of course, you just trade fanciness ... You get
    Cocoa UI and Core* in exchange for losing org.eclipse.jdt.*

    ms