Re: Derby and WOLips

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 15:21:18 EST

    >> Re: FrontBase
    >> I have used FrontBase a bit. And everything I have heard says
    >> it works fine. But it is closed source and requires messing around
    >> with a license key.
    >
    > Which, compared to your messing about with Derby is looking pretty
    > damn simple right now...
    And also, FrontBase is free, and "messing around with a license key" =
    "filling in a web form and pasting the response into a text field".
    In fact, I believe they have even offered to let us bundle FrontBase
    in the WOLips installer and have offered to provide a license key for
    us to use so even that barrier should be removed fairly soon (I think
    the installer release plan is waiting for WOLips nightly to become
    stable).

    ms