Re: [Wonder-disc] Grabbag of quick questions about Eclipse/WOLips/Webobjects

From: Louis Demers (louisdemer..ac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 20:55:39 EST

    On 28-Feb-08, at 20:25 , Guido Neitzer wrote:

    > On 28.02.2008, at 17:57, Louis Demers wrote:
    >
    > Wow ... never saw such a wild mix of complaints about Wonder,
    > WOLips, Eclipse itself, questions about how to do things with
    > WebObjects together.

    I guess the "tone" I wrote this was wrong because i certainly didn't
    mean any of it to be complaints ! rather inquiries.
    I feel like most of the time it's me that simply has not figured
    things out. None of them a major show-stopper. Most-often, just
    annoyances.

    As I said at the end, I'm getting to like Eclipse and Wonder quite a
    lot as I master them (or they are dressing me , I'm not sure 8-)
    Recent addition by Mike such as the Template Bread Crum Trail and the
    WOD/HTML sizing are big hits in my wolips quality of life....

    > It would be really nice, if you could group your questions the next
    > time and send them to the appropriate lists!

    Sorry for that.

    >> 3) Wonder: ERXStyleSheet: It seems to be incapable to find
    >> stylesheets that contains an hyphen like in obzerv-black.css
    >
    > Works fine here. Just tried. Are you sure it works for you for style
    > sheets without a dash?

    yes it started working when I removed the dash. Took me a little to
    figure out. I'll check again if the latest of everything might have
    solved this.

    >> 4) Wonder: I use WonderEntity.java & _WonderEntity.java. I would
    >> like to change _WonderEntity.java so that it inherits form my own
    >> superclass instead of ERXGenericRecords. (Of course my own
    >> superclass would inherit from ERXGenericRecords 8-). But I can't
    >> find the files _WonderEntity.java.
    >
    > Add this to your eogen script at the bottom ("Defines" part):
    >
    > Key: EOGenericRecord
    > Value: your.cool.package.GenericRecord

    Is it me that's too thick to have found the documentation about this ?
    wait, if you reply , do it in private 8-)

    >> 5) WebObjects: I wish to have some graphical links inside a FORM
    >> but without them submitting form values. My component works fine
    >> when I use WOHyperlink but when I use WOImageButton, it shows some
    >> funky behavior. The links in questions are used to navigate
    >> previous and next batches of a display group.
    >
    > Use links around image. Or WOActiveImage instead of a WOImageButton
    > (which, as it says, is a button, buttons submit).

    sounds so simple/obvious once pointed at the answers. thanks.

    >> 12) WOLips: In trying to get clickToOpen to work as recently
    >> demonstrated by Mike, All I got were crashes saying the "WOLToolbar
    >> class/component could not be found" (from memory) I checked build
    >> path, I whecked that WOLips framework was in cluded, everything
    >> extends ERXComponents. I finally got it to go further by adding
    >> "import er.wolips.components.*;"
    >> to my Page wrapper.
    >
    > So, if it works now, where is the problem? ;-) Haven't used that, so
    > somebody else will have to answer that.

    no, it does not work (only crashes later) as stated in the part your
    removed 8-)

    > While I'm certainly not Mike or Chuck or Anjo, there are still some
    > spaces open in the class in Germany ... I bet there is some useful
    > stuff to see there. Not sure though ... ;-)

    I'm sure I could learn a lot. Already have learned tons from you all.

    Thanks.

    > cug

    Louis Demers eng.
    www.obzerv.com