Re: EOQualifier syntax for fetchspecs in Entity Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 12:54:25 EST

    > I'm trying to build fetch specs with Entity Modeler and discovering
    > to my dismay that it's not using the same syntax to create
    > EOQualifiers as the syntax described @
    >
    > http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSXServer/Reference/WO54_Reference/com/webobjects/eocontrol/EOQualifier.html
    >
    > I really wonder why is that?!? For example it's using likeIgnoreCase
    > instead of caseInsensitiveLike, '*' and '?' don't seem to work, etc...
    The reason is that it's actually using the Expression parser from
    Cayenne and not the EOQualifier parser from WO. This is actually a
    bug that it's using likeIgnoreCase, though (and I didn't realize
    that). Entity Modeler has its own totally separate implementation of
    the EOModel stack classes. I actually have a replacement qualifier
    parser implementation that matches WO, but I've been hesitant to
    commit it for fear of breaking people that are working. It is
    supposed to match WO, though.

    ms