Velocity Generator & FetchSpecs Bindings

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 12:21:45 EST

    Hi All,

    I'm using OS X 10.5, WO 5.4.1, Eclipse 3.3.2, WOLips 4914

    (jeeze, can someone come up with a QuickKey for that string?! Maybe
    just concatinating it: 10.5.4.1.3.3.2.4914)

    I'm having some problems getting my .eogenerator files converted to
    Velocity .java files.

    I'm trying to read the Class of fetch specification bindings.

    I get this error when I generate using "${binding.javaClassName}":

    /Users/davida/Documents/Projects/BestMaid/Development/Bakery_Managment/
    BakeryManagement_Framework/EOGenerator/server_velocity.eogen:
            Invocation of method 'getJavaClassName' in class
    org
    .objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.core.model.qualifier.EOQualifierBinding
    threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException : null

    And when I try to use "${binding.attributePath.childClassName}" from
    Oswald Bueno's FS Additions (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Oswaldo+Bueno%27s+FetchSpecification+Addition
    ) it simply puts exactly "${binding.attributePath.childClassName}" in
    the generated .java file.

    What should I use to get the fully qualified Class Name of the
    binding? Looking at the Wiki reference isn't helping (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Velocity+Generator+Reference
    ).

    Let me also add that this fully qualified class name needs to be for
    the client-side class when binding is another Entity from the EOModel
    and the -javaclient parameter is passed (Java Client is checked in
    the .eogen editor).

    Thanks!

    Dave