Re: Velocity Generator & FetchSpecs Bindings

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 12:31:46 EST

    > I'm having some problems getting my .eogenerator files converted to
    > Velocity .java files.
    >
    > I'm trying to read the Class of fetch specification bindings.
    >
    > I get this error when I generate using "${binding.javaClassName}":
    There were lots of problems with the new qualifier parser and fetch
    spec bindings ... 4940 fixes all of the permutations that I was able
    to come up with (4939 fixes everything, which is up now, 4940 adds
    verification of binding variables, which is building now -- up in 15
    mins or so).
    ms

    > "${binding.attributePath.childClassName}" in the generated .java file.
    When a binding cannot evaluate (for any number of reasons) it just
    stops and leaves the variable in the file. One of the reasons for
    this is an invalid bound key, but in this case, it's the exception
    being thrown during evaluation, most likely.

    > What should I use to get the fully qualified Class Name of the
    > binding? Looking at the Wiki reference isn't helping (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Velocity+Generator+Reference
    > ).
    That path you're using is correct (though there's a shorter $
    {binding.javaClassName} that was added later.

    > Let me also add that this fully qualified class name needs to be for
    > the client-side class when binding is another Entity from the
    > EOModel and the -javaclient parameter is passed (Java Client is
    > checked in the .eogen editor).
    I don't think velocity eogenerator does anything with -javaclient
    right now.

    ms