Re: Problem with Entity Modeler and prototypes when switching DB

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 11:53:37 EST

    > Also making different DB config active correctly switch the external
    > type but only for the attributes where the external type was
    > manually erased. For attribute that had a "manually" set external
    > type, that type stick
    >
    > It seems to me, that specifying a prototype for a field should
    > resets it external type (and whatever else might be DB specific)
    I don't agree here .. This is not a bug, rather it's explicitly
    written to behave like this. It is perfectly valid to override
    prototype settings in your attributes. Automatically removing any of
    your custom settings and replacing them with prototype settings could
    potentially really break things if you INTENTIONALLY were overriding
    settings. Maybe we could provide a menu item to "replace with
    prototype defaults" or something, but at the moment this is behaving
    as expected.

    > Unable to find type information for external type 'decimal' in
    > attribute 'price' of entity 'Entree'. Check spelling and
    > capitalization.
    >
    > Is currencyAmount supposed not to work with OB?
    You would need to lookup what the proper external type for this type
    should be in OB and submit a Wonder bug. I suspect it may need to be
    capitalized, though.

    ms