Re: [Wonder-disc] $Home env variable in woa executable

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 21:23:26 EST

    Moving to correct list.

    On Mar 8, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Marc Gumpinger wrote:

    > I ran into the problem that Monitor didn't want to launch my
    > application. It turned out, that the executable that Monitor tried to
    > launch inside the woa directory referenced the $Home environment
    > variable. At least with the given user rights, that variable wasn't
    > available which in turn was the reason why Monitor wasn't able to
    > launch the application.
    > Simply uncommenting the parts that referenced $Home worked fine but
    > that's not really straight forward.

    That sounds like an old WOLips.

    > I upgraded Eclipse and WOLips to the latest nightly builds, cleaned
    > the project and updated the build.xml to the latest version.

    You need to do a bit more than that. You might try going back to your
    old build.xml with the new WOLips. The new build.xml assumes a
    specific - and different - project layout. Your project is unlikely
    to work without reading and understanding the build.xml and adjusting
    your project layout accordingly. This new layout is MUCH easier to
    use, but converting a project created with the old layout is going to
    require some changes to where things are (at the least).

    > Now,
    > however, I wasn't able to build the dist anymore because the new
    > build.xml refered to "src" instead of "Sources". Changing the "src"
    > reference to "Sources" yielded other problems.

    What were the problems?

    > So my question is:
    > How do I build my app in a way that Monitor will be able to launch it.

    The easiest course is to revert back to your previous build.xml. That
    _should_ work. I recently updated several projects from the old
    stable (4118) to the new one and the build.xml did not require any
    changes.

    Chuck