Re: Error on SQL generation

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 22:32:41 EST

    On Mar 8, 2008, at 7:03 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > I suspect it's 5.4 vs 5.3, not Leopard vs Tiger ... I've never run
    > EM against a release version of 5.4, because I only use 5.3. Does
    > SQL gen work for anyone on 5.4?

            I had never tried doing so until now. I finally succeeded but it was
    more of a struggle than I expected. I have a FrontBase eomodel in a
    non-WOnder framework project under Eclipse 3.2.2/WOLips 4906. The
    framework builds and apps that depend on this framework can access the
    database via the framework's eomodel.

            But when I tried to generate SQL using Entity Modeler, exceptions
    were thrown that prevented SQL generation from succeeding. I was
    eventually able to generate SQL by adding frameworks and jars to the
    framework's build path that weren't required for the framework build.
    This sort of surprises me, but maybe it makes sense to those who
    understand what Entity Modeler is doing behind the scenes.

            First, I had to add the JavaEOAccess framework to the framework's
    build path. A different exception was eliminated by adding the
    JavaJDBCAdaptor framework to the build path. Yet another exception
    was eliminated by adding the FrontBase JDBC driver, frontbasejdbc.jar,
    to the build path. To eliminate another exception, I had to connect
    via VPN to the network on which the database host lives (I wonder why
    Entity Modeler must access the database itself to generate SQL).

            But in the end, I was able to generate SQL using Entity Modeler under
    WO 5.4 and Leopard.

    >> A brand new project and model resulted in the same error. They're
    >> WOnder projects, but I doubt that is where the issue lies...
    >>
    >> java.lang.NullPointerException
    >> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSDictionary.<init>(NSDictionary.java:
    >> 341)
    >> at
    >> com
    >> .webobjects
    >> .eoaccess.EOAdaptor.setConnectionDictionary(EOAdaptor.java:758)

            I never experienced the above exception. Is something wrong with the
    eomodel's connection dictionary?

    Aloha,
    Art