Re: Im really noob, BUT Highly Interested

From: Pascal Robert (prober..s.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 19:23:38 EDT

  • Next message: tmk (JIRA): "[OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-746) Bring up dialog in Entity Modeler when the user changes prototypes on a non-blank attribute asking if you want to replace the attribute's settings"

    Hi and welcome to the WO world!

    first, you should subscribe to the webobjects-de..ists.apple.com
    list, we have more people other there, and it's the list to

    > Hell, well Im being a mac user like 3 years ago, I studied computer
    > science and I want to learn WebObejects, Obj-C programming and so.
    > The problem I have is that I don't have a way to access any book or
    > something due that Im from Colombia and those books can't be found
    > here, so I have to appeal to this method and the irc channel.

    You would have problems finding books in the US too, only two books
    are still available :-/

    > Im folloing the book WebObjects Developers Guide, which its really
    > old. If somone can help me please providing me any info .pdf or
    > somehthing like that I will really appreciate it.
    > Thanks a lot guys I hope to see you soon on the IRC

    Have a look at this page too:

            http://www.wocommunity.org/getting_started_with_webobjects.html

    Especially Janine's tutorial:

            http://wotutorial.furfly.com/downloads.html

    It's using a older version of WOLips, but if you listen to the
    community's podcasts, you should be up & running quickly.