Re: Im really noob, BUT Highly Interested

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 07:41:43 EDT

    Hi Gustavo!

    I just moved back to the US from Colombia in November last year. I was
    only there for 9 months, but I loved it and I really miss it. I lived
    in Bogotá and telecommuted to the US, so I was somewhat spoiled by
    pervasive WiFi and excellent restaurants - usually combined.

    Anyway, I completely understand your frustrations with finding
    technical books. There is an English bookstore in Zona G in Bogotá
    called Authors. I know the family that owns it. I could talk to them
    and find out if they can get any (either) of the books still
    available. The books, especially Chuck & Sasha's book "Practical
    WebObjects" can be invaluable, especially if your internet connection
    slow or otherwise unreliable.

    The value of the lists and the Wiki site can't be underestimated if
    you have reliable access, but I often still find the books easier to
    reference.

    Dave