Question here

From: Gustavo Pizano (gustavpicor..mail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 17:04:39 EDT

    Im trying to do the followinng
    but I can't do it dunno why, Im using Bindings and Im making the
    newbinding and all, but I can get the pop up window. dunno why
    this is what I have in the html
    and this is what I have in teh wod
    Body : WOBody {
    framework = "WOExamplesHarness.framework";
    filename = "aqua_bg.jpg";
    newBinding = onLoad;
    }
    Regards
    Gus
    !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
            <head>
                    <title>Hello World</title>
            </head>
            <webobject name = "Body">
    <webobject name = "HelloImage"/>
    Hello, what is your name?.
    <webobject name = "HelloWorldForum">
            <webobject name = "NameField"/>
            <webobject name = "HelloWorldSubmitButton"/>

    </webobject>
    </webobject>

    Introduction to JavaScript and WebObjects

    First, let's revisit the Hello application created in Chapter 1, "A
    Web Objects Primer." We are going to return the greeting in the form
    of a JavaScript pop-up window instead of a second page.

    Dynamically Vended JavaScript Alert Panel

    Duplicate the Hello project and rename it DynamicHello by following
    the instructions in Chapter 1.

    Open Main.wo in WebObjects Builder. We are going to use an onLoad
    script to perform the JavaScript alert.

    Add the following key to the Main page:

    Name: onLoad

    Type: String (java.lang.String)

    As Variable: NO

    Accessors: Only the Method returning the value

    Now bind the onLoad key to the WOBody element. Because onLoad isn't a
    defined binding for WOBody (that is, you wouldn't see it listed in the
    WOBody Inspector) we need to add it to a new binding.

     From the binding drop down, select Connect to new Binding …. Enter
    onLoad into the Attribute field in the Inspector. This will bind the
    onLoad key to the custom binding onLoad of the <BODY> element.

    Copy the following lines into the onLoad() accessor:

    public String onLoad() {
       String username = (String) valueForKeyPath("session.username");
       String onLoad = "javascript: alert('Hello " + username + "!');";

       return (username != null) ? onLoad:null;
    }