Re: Use Target Builder for JavaClient?!

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 13:35:14 EDT

    It's been there forever, actually, though it was originally called
    "Use TargetBuilder". I renamed it a while back to clarify why anyone
    would care, but it's still very elusive. I have no idea if it works.
    I have found only like one or two references to it in the archives.

    You can make a targets.plist in your project root with a key named
    "targets" that maps to a list of target dictionaries that have the
    keys name (target name), output (output folder), source (list of
    sourcepath entries), classpath (list of classpath entries),
    projectclasspath (list of project classpath entries).

    For each target, it executes the build with the settings defined in
    the targets.plist. I assume this lets you define a client and server
    target and it will build them both as part of the build. But like I
    said, I've never used it and I have no idea if it even works anymore.
    Definitely nobody has loved it in a long time. The author is listed
    as "uwe", though I'm not sure who that is.

    ms