Re: Tutorial

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 18:10:39 EDT

    On 12-Mar-08, at 5:40 PM, Gustavo Pizano wrote:

    > Ok i dunno if I understand good, but as for teh 7 tips you post I
    > think I following them, as for the line... well the veogen generated
    > this
    >
    > public DisplayBoard localInstanceIn(EOEditingContext editingContext) {
    > DisplayBoard localInstance =
    > (DisplayBoard)EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(editingContext, this);
    > if (localInstance == null) {
    > throw new IllegalStateException("You attempted to localInstance
    > " + this + ", which has not yet committed.");
    > }
    > return localInstance;
    > }
    >
    > and I guess if I put the new line you suggest I must implement the
    > newDisplayBoard (EOEditingContext) and formt here call the
    > localInstanceIn()method which resieds int he _DisplayBoard class,
    > which it looks for me like a singleton pattern.??

    My mistake, the stock Veogen templates only generate a factory method
    that takes all of the required attributes:

            public static DisplayBoard createDisplayBoard(EOEditingContext
    editingContext, ...required attributes... ) {
            }

    Just follow the tutorial.

    The EOF Commandments are for reference only at this point, just be
    aware they exist. Both the Veogen templates and Janine's tutorial do
    the right thing.

    ;david

    --
    David LeBer