WOD errors

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 03:13:08 EDT

            I believe these WOD errors are new with Eclipse 3.3.2/WOLips 4906,
    but I'm not certain. I know that the key paths that cause these
    errors do not result in runtime errors. So the fact that they are
    flagged as errors at compile time seems bogus. I do not believe that
    I should have to mark them as "// VALID" to avoid these errors.

            An app project, whose classes are in the "app" package, depends on a
    framework, Common.framework, whose classes are in the "common"
    package. Common.framework depends on a framework, Database.framework,
    whose classes are in the "database" package. A binding in Bam.wod in
    the app project is foo.bar.baz. foo is of type app.Foo which extends
    common.Foo which extends database.Foo which extends database._Foo.
    foo.bar is defined in database._Foo as a type database._Bar. bar.baz
    is defined in app.Bar.

            foo.bar.baz is flagged by WOLips as an error: "There is no key 'baz'
    for the keypath 'foo.bar' in Bam."

            If foo.bar.baz were a Java statement in Bam.java, it would have to be
    written ((Bar)foo.bar()).baz() to avoid a compilation error. But
    WOLips doesn't seem to be able to figure out that foo.bar.baz will be
    OK at runtime.

            Is there possibly a class path problem that might be causing this?
    Any other suggestions?

    Aloha,
    Art