Re: updated wonder source, build path issues

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 20:39:10 EDT

    >>> If I look at the source for ERJars in the workspace, there's a
    >>> Libraries folder which shows as empty in Package Explorer.
    >>> However, there are four jars in it on the file system; and the one
    >>> that my project complains about missing is not there and it's not
    >>> referenced in the ERJars project Build Path. I'm also not able to
    >>> build this ERJars project with either Ant or Eclipse.
    >> Your ERJars setup sounds identical to mine. I don't see the *.jar
    >> files in WOLips Package Explorer either, I thought it was due some
    >> filter settings but a quick look didn't not reveal any *.jar
    >> specific filter, the 4 jars are there in the Finder though and they
    >> are referenced from the
    >
    > Yeah, I'd think the directory contents would be viewable, or at
    > least indicate there's contents in that directory; not sure what the
    > intention is there.
    The jars from the Libraries folder are in the build path, so they do
    not appear in the folder. If you open the Referenced Libraries
    virtual folder, the jars will appear in there. This is just how
    Eclipse represents this. I personally find it to be a stupid behavior.

    > I'm new to Wonder and am not sure about how the ant scripts are set
    > up - per project/framework/ or the entire collections, or a
    > combination of both( more likely).
    Project Wonder has a custom built system. You cannot build per-
    project, you need to build using the top-level build.xml.

    > The only thing I was able to do was generate an new ant script,
    > which was not appropriate for the project.
    This won't work.

    > I think Mike is right, this is probably more a Wonder issue, or
    > maybe even some little bug with Keiran's script or a problem on my
    > rig. Problems are always a good teacher;-)
    I vote "your rig" :) I do fresh checkouts of Wonder all the time, and
    they're correct. Incidentally, for my /Library/Frameworks, I just
    download from the build server.

    ms